Thursday 8 April 2010

Nothing says happy birthday like a cigarette.

This past weekend I travelled up to Liverpool with a few friends. It also doubled as my birthday weekend as you may know and as a 'present', my friend Kath volunteered me to dress up as a cigarette and walk around the pitch before the Everton-West Ham match. While I was extremely nervous (mainly cos I thought people would embarrass myself like they do in the movies... like, someone kicks a ball at me, i fall over, costume comes off and suddenly I'm naked and people throw stuff at me... THAT kind of embarrassment!), I thought I should try new things. After all, I was 29 and it was just another box to tick. In the end, it was an enjoyable experience and none of my fears came to fruition. Well, except that I knocked over one of the skysports cameras behind the goal. But other than that, I'd like to think I made a difference to the thousands of people out there. Some might even say that I was the best cigarette mascot ever and that I should be inducted into the mascot hall. I'll leave the debate up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment